Assistance With Admissions
Calling a help line is a big step on the road to recovery. It’s important to know that you will be speaking to someone with a vested interest in your healing. Our admissions counselors have been where you are now and have had their lives affected one way or another with addiction. From the moment you choose La Paloma, we help you through the admissions process.
Call (877) 345-1887. Free Assessment. 100% Confidential.
What happens when you call?
To help ease any concerns and uncertainty about this initial phone call, here’s what to expect when you dial the 24 hour help line number:
- You can expect counselors will guide you through a free, brief and confidential assessment.
- Your phone call will not be recorded.
- In reviewing your assessment and your insurance information, the counselor will determine the most appropriate level of care for you.
Remember, this phone call will remain completely private.
- The current issues that prompted the call
- Basic demographics
- Treatment history
- Does the individual have a co-occurring disorder that warrants treatment at a Residential/Rehab level of care or a Partial Hospitalization level of care?
- Does the individual have the insurance/funding resources to receive treatment in the Foundations system?
- If the caller has insurance. The insurance information will then be compiled and verified. Call Center staff will contact the individual within an hour and review the benefit structure of the insurance plan.
- Also, during this time the clinical information is discussed with clinical staff to ensure the client will get the specific treatment necessary to begin a successful journey to recovery.
Coordination of Travel
From the time a potential client calls our toll-free helpline, we begin working. We can book flights for a client or they can arrange for their own travel to La Paloma.
Since release dates fluctuate based on the completion of a client’s personal program, the staff can help make return flight arrangements nearer to departure time.
We Accept Admissions Seven Days a Week
Clients are met at the airport by a staff member who will escort them to La Paloma and begin the paperwork process. All consent forms and release information along with financial paperwork is discussed and any questions are answered.
A medical assessment follows, and the client is assisted through the “check-in” process by a residential counselor on hand to answer any questions about rules and regulations. The staff is also here to help with family medical leave paperwork and can communicate with a client’s personal doctor, job supervisor, lawyer or probation officer when necessary.
In most cases, this is all handled in the first 24 hours of a client’s stay.
Insurance Benefits Review
Many new clients arrive with concerns about medical benefits and are still unsure what their insurance will cover. La Paloma wants clients to be free to focus on their treatment, so our experienced staff will work with you upfront to contact your provider and answer any questions regarding your coverage. Learn more about Insurance Coverage