Addiction treatment typically involves a withdrawal from the addictive substance followed by counseling and other services to develop a healthy support system and maintain a lifestyle free from addiction.
At La Paloma we offer much more than the typical. We offer proven, successful and comprehensive treatment for drug addiction, alcohol addiction and the mental health disorders that generally accompany. Many treatment centers will offer programs that deal with either the addiction or the disorder, but never both simultaneously.
According to SAMHSA:
- Up to 65.5 percent of individuals with substance abuse/dependency issues have at least one co-occurring mental disorder
- 51 percent of individuals with a mental disorder also have at least one co-occurring addictive disorder
This research proves there is an obvious need for integrated treatment options.
La Paloma is committed to ongoing research, exploring various models for evidence of what does and doesn’t work. The effectiveness of group therapy in treating dual diagnosis means this method plays a key role in the program at La Paloma. There is also consistent evidence that family assistance, educating them in the role process addictions and codependency play in family dysfunction, is extremely successful and delivers results. Aftercare planning, continued treatment and daily attendance in a 12-step or support group have also proven to be keys to long-term success.
We offer treatment for addictive disorders and co-occurring mental disorders concurrently. Our evidence-based, integrative methods have been proven more effective than traditional drug and alcohol treatment methods in a five-year research study using the Foundation Treatment Model. This research study collected comprehensive outcomes data on clients six and 12 months after program discharge.
The data bellow shows just how effective an integrated treatment model can be.
- Increase in abstinence – A vast majority of clients, from 70 percent to 80 percent, abstained from using chemicals up to one year following treatment.
- Reduction of symptom’s severity – Severity of psychiatric symptoms was reduced by 60 percent with corresponding improvements in quality of life.
- Dramatic cut in repeat service utilization – High-cost service utilization dropped dramatically following treatment with 80 percent to 90 percent reductions in inpatient and emergency room visits related to substance use or mental health problems. Likewise, inpatient and ER visits for general healthcare decline by 50 percent to 60 percent.
- Cost-effective care increased – Service profiles showed an increase in appropriate and cost-effective utilization of community supports and services.
Models of Treatment
You can’t lock into one therapeutic model because if you do that you’re boxing the patient in. Not all psychiatric issues or disorders can be treated by one model. The role of mental health in addiction and the high rate of co-occurring disorders is something we’re coming to understand more. Another evidence-based issue is medication compliance. Non-compliance with meds for a psych issue exacerbates other issues and can set a cycle of addiction in motion. Evidence-based treatment allows us to get beyond today’s buzzwords to what is proven to work. This includes an approach of meeting the client where they are while encouraging them to embrace the goals we set together for them and to embrace long-term mental health.
At La Paloma, we utilize the most innovative addiction treatment options available today in order to provide our clients the best possible care. These include the non-confrontational methods of motivation interviewing and enhancement therapy to the more tradition group and individual therapy.
Because conditions of our clients and the readiness to begin drug rehab and/or alcohol rehab can vary, our wide range of services available at La Paloma meet each person at his or her own individual and unique level of readiness to recover.
We have proven results that offering motivational services based on each client’s individual stage of readiness will promote engagement, retention and solid long-term recovery outcomes. This makes our program unique and sets us apart from other treatment options.
La Paloma also offers therapies such as:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy(CBT)
- 12-Step principles
- Adjunct therapies such as
- Support groups such
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA)
- Narcotics Anonymous (NA)
- Dual Recovery Anonymous (DRA)
According to research done by the Office of National Drug Control Policy, treatment can:
- Reduce drug use by 40 percent to 60 percent
- Decreases criminal activity during and after treatment
- Reduce the risk of HIV infection (applies to drug injectors)
- Improve the prospects for employment up to 40 percent after a single treatment episode
At La Paloma, we want to help individuals stop these abusive disorders and learn to manage emotional and mental issues and become productive and functioning members in the family, workplace and community.
If you have any questions about whether you or a loved one may need help for addiction, please contact our call center. Admissions counselors are available 24 hours a day at (877) 345-1887.